How to become fedora tester?

John Summerfield debian at herakles.homelinux.org
Wed Jan 23 12:54:19 UTC 2008

Andrew Farris wrote:

> Its highly advisable not to share your /home with rawhide,

Oh.
My home directory, on Tikanga-clone, dates back to RHL 7.3 (maybe
earlier) and comes via a time on Debian Woody and Sarge when Sarge was
testing. If I look around, and I have since I installed Tikanga-clone, I
can find vestiges of my Debian settings.

It's true that I did not ever go back to an earlier release of anything.
It's also true that I use KDE, not Gnome

I did have a problem at the time of the transition from RHL 5.x to 6.0,
when my desktop was on an NFS share, and going back to 5.x from 6.0 was
impeded. Sharing with Mandrake back then didn't work well either.

--

Cheers
John

-- spambait