nv drivers (was Re: nv driver and gnome broken)

On Wed, 2008-01-23 at 09:09 -0800, David Mack wrote:
> In the latest rawhide update, the nv driver
> (xorg-x11-drv-nv-2.1.6-6.fc9) kills the X server. The nouveau driver
> works.

I'm keen to test rawhide but since I've got a nvidia card I'm a little
nervous about the past performance of the nv and nouveau drivers.

How are they working in the current rawhide (with the exception of this
bug of course).

Does the nv driver resume after a suspend.  Does nouveau support enough
3D to run compiz?

R.

 It's much better on my side"