Re: no sound again :(

On Jan 27, 2008 9:52 AM, Jim Cornette <fct-cornette insight rr com> wrote:
> Antonio Olivares wrote:
> > --- Antonio Olivares <olivares14031 yahoo com> wrote:
> >
> >> Dear all,
> >>
> >> as of the updates rawhide report 20080126, I have no
> >> sound again,
>
> I believe the problem is related to the SELinux error that you mentioned
> earlier. I have the SELinux error and no sound also.
>
> JIm

Believe I've tracked this down..... (reported on selinux-list).

There seems to be a "dontaudit" rule that prevents one AVC from being logged.

Correcting for this, I now have sound/shutdown/etc. working in enforcing mode.

tom

[Of course, I can't easily tell if this is an SELinux policy error, or
errors in other packages that are exposed by SELinux.]
--
Tom London