Re: three days with rawhide

Valent Turkovic wrote:
On Jan 27, 2008 4:02 PM, Antonio M <antonio montagnani gmail com> wrote:
2008/1/27, Valent Turkovic <valent turkovic gmail com>:

Valent Turkovic wrote:
Hi,
I installed a fresh rawhide via network install and here my, rather
positive reactions to rawhide, offcourse there are rough edges but that
will hopefully get fixed in coming weeks...

I liked the new Firefox 3 and it works great, KDE4 also works as
expected of .0 release. New gdm seams nice, but needs some polish (why
is there a guest account on gdm?), PackageKit look great! just still
crashes a lot (expected I guess),

Obvious issues I came across:
- can't reboot or shutdown from gnome dekstop - logout is the only option
- gdm has shutdown and reboot buttons but they don't work, had to use
command line "poweroff" to shutdown the laptop
This got fixed in last night updates. Not I can reboot and shutdown from
gnome. I haven't yet tried loging out an they trying to shutdown from
gdm but I hope that also works now.

Valent.