no sound again :(

Jim Cornette fct-cornette at insight.rr.com
Mon Jan 28 03:34:54 UTC 2008

Tom London wrote:
> Easiest way to work around this until it gets fixed is to boot in
> permissive mode.
>
> An easy way to do that is to add "enforcing=0" to the end of the grub
> prompt at boot time.  You'll need to do this each time you boot....
>
> Of course, this doesn't fix anything, just works around the issue
> until a fix is available (whether to selinux or to ConsoleKit or to
> ....).
>
> tom

Thanks! The amount of errors caused by console-kit-daemon are in great
access. I filed under one report since they were all common to
console-kit-daemon.

I tried permissive but switched back to enforcing after reporting the
errors. I will wait for the errors to be resolved. I'd rather have
protection than sound for now. I rarely use sound any more. System beep
still works though.

Jim

--
It's the opinion of some that crops could be grown on the moon.  Which
raises the fear that it may not be long before we're paying somebody not to.