Rawhide on AMD 64

Finally was able to install from the Sunday Rawhide. I was mainly interested
in trying KDE 4 as the Opensuse and Mint versions were not satisfactory.

The first thing I do when installing a GUI Linix is add an iocn for
a terminal prompt.  St this works.

I was unable to enhance the look and feel with the default nv driver.
The 169 Nvidia driver installs but fails to find some needed files.

I haven't been able to get VNC to serve a KDE 4 desktop instead
of Gnome.

I haven't liked previous versions of KDE, but KDE 4 may be more
to my liking.

--
Chuck Forsberg    caf omen com   www.omen.com   503-614-0430
10255 NW Old Cornelius Pass Portland OR 97231   FAX 629-0665