Re: partition tip ?

Andrew Farris wrote:

Anaconda is smart enough to create labels which do not conflict with
already existing ones.  At least this was the case when I was adding
new installations on the same machine.  I could redo later these
labels to be consistent across a particular installation but this is
only for my own sanity.  I may have five or six distros, between
Fedora and CentOS and x86_64 and i386, on my test box at a given
moment.

I was not aware anaconda was now doing this correctly, that certainly would be an improvement over the last time I tried multiple physical installations.

I was wondering why I didn't actually recall name collisions when I was testing FC6, RHEL5 (twice) and some others on one system. I'd put it down to an approaching new decade.

--

Cheers
John

-- spambait