Re: gvfs and rpm: stat errors

On Mon, 28 Jan 2008, Mary Ellen Foster wrote:

On 28/01/2008, Matthias Clasen <mclasen redhat com> wrote:
On Sun, 2008-01-27 at 14:44 -0500, Michel Salim wrote:
Ever since I updated nautilus, thus pulling in gvfs as a dependency, a
lot of RPM transactions outputs this error:

error: failed to stat /home/michel/.gvfs: Permission denied

Anyone knows what's causing this?
[ ... ]

r-xr-xr-x is the type as returned by the fuse filesystem
rwx------ is the on disk permissions

We should probably fix the permissions reported by fuse, but the kernel
limits fuse access to the user anyway.

Note that you also get very similar errors if you have filesystems
mounted through fusessh.

Hmm, that bug was supposed to be fixed (or at least silenced) in rpm 4.4.2.2. Or maybe this is just a variant - the "failed to stat" message can come from three different spots, only one of which was taken care of in 4.4.2.2 now that I look at it...

 	- Panu -