The Problem with NFS Installs

Some such as I are used to thinking of NFS in terms of shares.
That's how we export them. That's how we mount them.

So when the installer asks for a server name, I naturally enter
192.168.1.13:/x because that is what I export.  And naturally
I enter /fc9/os which is relative to the share in question.

It should be made clear that the NFS install uses syntax one
would associate with ftp, not NFS.  Perferably with a hint,
but at least a clear example in the documentation.

While we're at it, the install from URL should come with a
list of URLs to download from as does FreeBSD et al..

--
Chuck Forsberg    caf omen com   www.omen.com   503-614-0430
10255 NW Old Cornelius Pass Portland OR 97231   FAX 629-0665