Problems with firefox continue?

Michal Jaegermann michal at harddata.com
Sun Jul 20 21:08:48 UTC 2008

On Sun, Jul 20, 2008 at 08:23:53PM +0200, Adam Pribyl wrote:
> Is todays "yum  update" crazy or am I? Why it wants to install 45
> packages, mostly from fedora base repo, which are of course already
> installed?
>  nspluginwrapper         x86_64     1.1.0-3.fc9      updates           151
>  xulrunner               x86_64     1.9.0.1-1.fc9    updates           8.7
                                       ^^^^^^^^
>  xulrunner               i386       1.9-1.fc9        updates           9.0
                                       ^^^^^^^

Something pulls in an older version of xulrunner.i386 probably to
resolve dependencies in nspluginwrapper.  Version 1.1.0-3 was not
supposed to do that anymore but an update for nspluginwrapper.i386
is conspiciously missing on your list so you are likely left with
an older one.  All other i386 stuff is then added to that list
due to dependencies.

Just a guess but you may check it if you will look closer at what
yum tells you.

   Michal