More on Fedora and Joystick

Chuck Forsberg WA7KGX N2469R caf at omen.com
Thu Jul 24 01:20:49 UTC 2008

I loaded yesterday's Rawhide on a spare AMD machine and
lo and behold "modprobe analog" makes /dev/js0
appear.   Fedora 9 and modprobe analog also work
on this machine.

I then loaded the same Fedora 9 64 disk on an AMD 6000+
machine and ran the updates.  This time modprobe analog
doesn't result in a /dev/js0.   There are no error messages.
There are two hardware differences
compared to the spare machine - 1) dual processor, 2) game port
is on a sound card, not the motherboard.

The joystick does work on that machine when running OpenSuse 11.

I copied the rawhide tree to another machine and then tried
an NFS install of rawhide on the dual processor machine.
The install failed several times with an error message about
a corrupt when it started installing apps.

--
Chuck Forsberg    caf at omen.com   www.omen.com   503-614-0430
10255 NW Old Cornelius Pass Portland OR 97231   FAX 629-0665