mysql type_float.reject

Tom Lane tgl at redhat.com
Sun Jun 1 02:51:29 UTC 2008

gjohnson5 <tonyjohn5 at yahoo.com> writes:
> But:[gjohnson at loser ~]$ cat /proc/cpuinfo
> processor       : 0
> vendor_id       : GenuineIntel
> cpu family      : 15
> model           : 4
> model name      :                   Intel(R) Xeon(TM) CPU 3.60GHz
> stepping        : 3

This looks nearly the same as what I'm testing on ... my machine is
stepping 1 and a bit slower, but I doubt that's relevant.  I do see
a couple differences in the flags:

flags           : fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic sep mtrr pge mca cmov pat pse36 clflush dts acpi mmx fxsr sse sse2 ss ht tm pbe syscall lm constant_tsc pebs bts sync_rdtsc pni monitor ds_cpl cid cx16 xtpr

Anybody know what nx, sync_rdtsc, est, tm2 mean?

> As far as CFLAGS , I've been trying to find a set of CFLAGS that worked....
> If you have a set that work , I'll definitely put em' in

The default doesn't work?  For the record, what I see in the RPM build
log for what is probably the critical file is

gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I../include -I../include -I../include    -DDBUG_OFF -O2 -g -pipe -Wall -Wp,-D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 -fexceptions -fstack-protector --param=ssp-buffer-size=4 -m64 -mtune=generic -D_GNU_SOURCE -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE -fno-strict-aliasing -fwrapv   -c strtod.c

How's that compare to what you get?

Anyway, mysql builds fine for me in both F-9 and rawhide mock chroots
(within an F-8 system).  Is it possible that the kernel difference is
actually the relevant point?  I'd have thought this would be strictly
userland behavior.

			regards, tom lane