mysql type_float.reject

gjohnson5 tonyjohn5 at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 2 15:23:36 UTC 2008

I spent yesterday playing around with RPMS...

At this point are we sure that this bug has been fixed or are we assuming
that since a few machines worked this bug is fixed?   The original test that
I did was done without opt flags at all and I got the same result.  I could
post all the different combinations of opt flags I've tried and I get the
same result.  With -fno_math_errno or without hasn't made any difference

At this point most all SRPMS build and test ok with my configurations with
the exception of this package.
I will test with your exact rpmrc

Tom Lane-4 wrote:

> Why in the world have you got all that cruft in /etc/rpmrc?  This is
> just about *guaranteed* to break packages in various subtle ways,
> like for instance this mysql problem you're having.  If a package
> doesn't build itself with -fno-math-errno, there's probably a reason.
>
> Why not?  The original test was done without any optimizations and the
> same result
> Anyway.  After working on it all yesterday, it really looks like a bug.
>
>> Somehow this box thought there was a 64 bit copy of gnu-smalltalk AND
>> somehow uninstalled this non-existent package.  My only guess is that I
>> ran
>> rpm --rebuilddb and a 32bit package magically became a 64bit package.
>
> No doubt that -m64 in /etc/rpmrc had something to do with it.  <----
>
> UUm, No
> But The package does not exist on koji...
> http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/buildinfo?buildID=45706
> X86_64 is excluded in the spec file of this package.
> But for some reason you can yum install it.....
> it's something that needs to be cleaned on Fedora's end

Thanks again,
Tony