First step at useful metrics

Jon Stanley jonstanley at gmail.com
Thu Jun 5 01:51:38 UTC 2008

On Wed, Jun 4, 2008 at 9:27 PM, John Summerfield
<debian at herakles.homelinux.org> wrote:

> I'd rather John spoke for himself.

Well with Will and I being John's cohorts in crime, I think we can
speak to what each of us wants.  First, we want to measure the impact
that we're having in the project. This is just good sense, how do you
know that you're doing something that's worthwhile if you have no
metrics to back up your position? The second is, as Will said,
recognition and reward for top triagers.  Triage is a thankless job,
so we need some way to recognize the rock stars of triage, and reward
them appropriately.