No NFS Install on Today's Rawhide

Chris Lumens clumens at redhat.com
Fri Jun 20 18:45:50 UTC 2008

> The option for an NFS install seems to be missing from today's
> Rawhide.

Yes, yes it is.   You see, we've changed one fundamental assumption in
the loader.  The purpose of loader is now to track down the stage2
image, and finding the installation repo from there.  Things are easier
to do in stage2 and we have better error recovery options.

Since you are (most likely) using a boot.iso, you've already got the
stage2 image.  Also since you didn't pass an installation source with
repo= or method=, we're assuming that you want to use the HTTP
mirrorlist.  Convenient for most people, huh?

So until the point where I get my updated repo editor into anaconda, you
will want to add repo=nfs:server:/path to your cmdline options when
starting anaconda.

- Chris