stock F9 to rawhide = 2 vers. of some pkgs

Jerry Amundson jamundso at gmail.com
Mon Jun 30 16:41:06 UTC 2008

[breaking this from earlier "wine install" thread]

On Mon, Jun 30, 2008 at 10:35 AM, Alexander Todorov <atodorov at redhat.com> wrote:

> Jerry Amundson wrote:
> | Error: Missing Dependency: device-mapper-libs = 1.02.26-1.fc10 is
> | needed by package device-mapper-1.02.26-1.fc10.x86_64 (installed)
> | ... but this system somehow had two versions,
>
> hmmm, I for some reason ended up with 2 versions of some package (gnome-libs
> or
> similar) when updating stock F9 install last week. I was doing other
> install/remove actions and didn't pay much attention at that time.

That's the history of my system too - stock F9 to rawhide.

Q1: Is the existence of dual versions indicative of other issues, or just
a normal result of the state of rawhide at the time?

Q1a: If the latter, in what state would we expect this to not happen? F10
Release of course, but sometime sooner?

jerry

--
Add humorous words of wisdom here.