Fedora 9 login problems

I updated this morning and am no longer able to login from the Gnome login.  No prompt for a password when you click on a user, the screen just recycles to the login.

The login is now superimposed over the desktop screen ...

I have dropped to init3 and use startx, seems to be working but have been unable to find gdmsetup or another tool to try and reconfigure this mess.

https://fcp.surfsite.org/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?post_id=236619&topic_id=50659&forum=12#forumpost236619
If you think, this is spam, please report this to webmaster fcp surfsite org and/or blame wskibum tech-topia net