Is It Worth Installing F9 Alpha?

Andrew Farris lordmorgul at gmail.com
Mon Mar 10 05:57:14 UTC 2008

John Summerfield wrote:
> Robert L Cochran wrote:
>>
>> John Summerfield wrote:

>>> You can, of course, continue to read about things that don't work.
>>> Just in case you are tempted to throw caution to the wind:-)
>>>
>> My impression is that there may not be that many testers of Fedora 9. Or
>> at least, fewer people seem to be posting about Fedora 9 bugs. I wonder
>> if momentum for the Fedora distro has slowed a bit? Fedora Core 1 seemed
>> to have many testers...now Fedora 9 seems to have fewer folks out there.
>> But then I may not be very observant.
>
> Well, we're not up to beta yet, and this alpha is a good one to miss. I
> say that as one who has it.

I prefer the point of view that, due to installing the alpha, *many* bugs have
been identified in what will be a release full of incredible advances. ;)

And it really is... PackageKit, ConsoleKit, PolicyKit, upstart, FF3/xulrunner,
disk encryption, ext4, liveusb persistence, and lots of the other features are
really neat stuff.