Is It Worth Installing F9 Alpha?

John Summerfield debian at herakles.homelinux.org
Mon Mar 10 12:19:02 UTC 2008

Andrew Farris wrote:
> Antonio M wrote:
>> And on these particular bugs, I don't see much improvement.
>
> I've got outstanding bugs reported that are not getting fixed yet too,
> thats mostly a manpower issue.  Its still good to have them reported
> though.

AM
I don't have a working f9 kernel/mkinitrd bug report. I update it daily
- well whenever a new kernel fails. I expect it will be fixed, probably
before the first beta - it seems to me a bug that prevents someone from
booting should be well up the list of things to fix.

I might be able to do some more diagnosis when someone tels me why
inserting busybox isn't working,

I'm sure it will be done soon, but it is frustrating waiting.

Then, I can try xen and see whether my problems with kvm persist.