after latest updates

Johann B. Gudmundsson johannbg at hi.is
Tue Mar 11 18:40:38 UTC 2008

Antonio M wrote:
> 1) I cannot print from my raw pc to my windows printer, that it was
> working (From a F8 machine it is o.k.)

Can run s-c-p and connect to a cups/samba printer server with smb
username and password and print a test page.
Does it not bother no one else the "automatic scan for printer" the
s-c-p does instead of creating a button called
scan for printers..

> 2) the graphical tool for services is not working (buttons are
> greyed)..once again

Check that the service is running... ( cupsd )
> And Samba is not working, I can't see shares on other computers and I
> don't see shares on F9 machine....

Can set up a samba server and connect to it without a problem both through
"Gnome - Places - Connect to server" and from CLI" FC8 to FC9 rawhide
samba server.
But get error msg ( Unable to mount location - Failed to initialize smb
context )
through Gnome - Places - Network  -  Windows network  in

Is just me that think PolycyKit is a step backwards for Gnome users....

Best regards
                   Johann B.