Building a kernel module separately

Andrew Farris lordmorgul at gmail.com
Wed Mar 12 06:44:36 UTC 2008

John Summerfield wrote:
> btw Is there a way to tell yumdownloader which source to get? it seems
> only capable of getting the latest.

It will only fetch sources from the current repo which will only have the
latest.  You can get the prior srpms out of koji.

> Oh, there's only nearly another kernel. I've got the source, not the
> binaries.

BTW, our hardware is pretty different I think, both my internal disks are
pata133 40Gb WD drives, and the same issues happen on my Macbook running VMware
Fusion x86_64 Rawhide guests.  Both those systems needed to run the early 2.6.24
kernels I had mentioned before in order to install the 2.6.25 kernels.

And interestingly enough, kernel 2.6.25-0.105.rc5.fc9 boots after having
installed from 2.6.25-0.95.rc5.fc9 on my macbook guests (this is the first
2.6.25 kernel that worked when installed from 2.6.25).