Need assistance

Andrew Farris lordmorgul at gmail.com
Wed Mar 12 20:01:30 UTC 2008

Arne Chr. Jorgensen wrote:
> hi,
>
>> [1] For general info about getting to the meetings, see:
>> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Communicate/FedoraMeetingChannel
>>
>> [2] If you don't have wiki access, see http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/
>
>> QA for info on joining.
>
> I am happy to just be a "guest" - don't need any write access or much of anything.

You shouldn't need a fedora account then, you can leave this for later.

> But earlier - when you supplied me with how to get PGP key and such,
> things broke, and resorted to other ways of getting stuff.

Ways of getting what?  If you don't need to edit the wiki or provide other
contributions (like packages, documentation) you don't need to do anything with
gpg at all.  To test and post to the list you don't need to bother with that.

> Same now.  To set up IRC,  following instructions on wikikpages - I only get
> internal server errors.
>
> I soon leave this whole group and give up Fedora.  I am only here to learn,
> and hopefully can be of some mutual help.
>
> But in most cases,  when you try to learn anything - you are blocked by all
> sorts of obstacles like this.

I have no idea which obstacles you've run into here.  Cannot get into IRC channels?

> Is there a contact person which can spare the time to help me resolve these
> issues ?

I'll try to answer any questions asked, but for many things like how to get on
IRC there are numerous pages out there on the web that explain it well already.
  Try reading http://tldp.org/HOWTO/IRC/ or http://freenode.net/faq.shtml

Spending time to write an overview of that seems like mostly duplicate effort.