broken init? upstart to blame?

Hi,
I updated yesterday evening (CET) to latest rawhide and now I can't
start my dekstop. If I start fedora with "3" option in grub menue it
starts.
after that I can't use "init 5" because I get this message:

init: Unable to send message: Connection refused.

How do I troubleshoot this bug, fix it and get back to my rawhide desktop?

Cheers,
Valent.

--
http://kernelreloaded.blog385.com/