X.org server 1.5: An ABI Too Far?

Rodd Clarkson rodd at clarkson.id.au
Mon Mar 17 05:03:35 UTC 2008

On Mon, 2008-03-17 at 02:51 +0000, Kevin Kofler wrote:

> > Much of what makes a desktop contemporary depends on features in the Nvidia
> > driver not presented in the nv driver.
>
> Then you should have bought a graphics card with Free drivers.

Yes, that's a lovely sentiment.  At the time I purchased my laptop
neither nvidia, ati or intel support was great in Linux.  And intel
(while a little better) wasn't an option to drive a 1920x1200 display
(and as far as I can see still isn't).  So I had little choice.

That said I don't blame fedora about this, but I do find it annoying.
Sadly, we don't live in a ideal world.

 It's much better on my side"