Recovery disc and encrypted partitions

Alan alan at clueserver.org
Fri Mar 28 19:11:27 UTC 2008

> On Fri, 2008-03-28 at 11:40 -0700, Alan wrote:
>> Does the latest beta Fedora disc actually detect and mount encrypted
>> partitions correctly?
>
> It does for me. The encryption passphrase dialog *might* not display
> asterisks, but it works fine.

I was able to hack into the system using "INIT=/bin/bash -s".  It won't
mount my USB drive though.

The problem I am encountering seems to be with INIT=/sbin/bootchartd.  It
is looping until it reports that it has no drive space left.  (All 29gigs
of it.)    I have never seen that option, so I have no clue why it is
using that for init.

Something is fubared at this point...