Re: kernel parm quiet

Brian C. Huffman wrote:
On Sun, 2008-03-30 at 12:27 -0400, Clyde E. Kunkel wrote:
Rahul Sundaram wrote:
Clyde E. Kunkel wrote:
Also, does quiet affect display of shutdown messages? Not seeing any with upstart.
I see this too. Seems to be upstart quirk/bug. Can you file a bug report please?

I'm not certain this is entirely bad behavior.  I guess it depends on
what upstart intends to accomplish.  Fedora in general is (in my
opinion) rightly moving in a direction of showing less technically
informational messages (RHGB) that might confuse the less technically
saavy users (or convertees).

It's a fair bugger to debug problems though. I turn it off.

U: My system won't boot
HD: What messages do you see?
U: None.

--