nspluginwrapper issues

Reid Rivenburgh reidr at pobox.com
Mon Mar 31 13:31:23 UTC 2008

On Sun, Mar 30, 2008 at 11:37 PM, Michal Jaegermann <michal at harddata.com> wrote:
> On Sun, Mar 30, 2008 at 08:21:18PM -0600, Reid Rivenburgh wrote:
>  >
>  > with libflashplayer.so in the /usr/lib64/mozilla/plugins directory, I get this:
>  >
>  > INFO: Wrapping /usr/lib64/mozilla/plugins/libflashplayer.so to
>  > /usr/lib64/mozilla/plugins-wrapped/nswrapper_64_64.libflashplayer.so...
>  > WARNING: Wrapper /usr/lib/nspluginwrapper/npconfig is not accessible!
>
>  AFAIK you need both x86_64 and i386 nspluginwrapper installed and
>  then you will see parts in /usr/lib/ too.  That is likely that
>  special case where an explicit dependency on nspluginwrapper.i386
>  would help.

Thanks for the reply, Michal.  I tried installing the i386 version as
well, and yum found lots of added i386 dependencies (things like gtk2
and pango).  It eventually errored out with this:

Error: Failure finding best provider of libstdc++.so.6 for
cairo-1.5.14-1.fc9.i386, exceeded maximum loop length

Again, this is my first experience with x86_64, so is it normal to
have lots of i386 packages (e.g. libraries) installed?  If that is
normal, it brings up the question of how to get yum to install
nspluginwrapper.i386 successfully....

Thanks,
reid