hal v NetworkManager v pulseaudio v screen res v touchpad scroll areas

David Timms dtimms at iinet.net.au
Fri May 2 16:07:45 UTC 2008

So, I'm having all this fun where during boot, hal fails to start, and
this seems to lead to NetworkManager and dbus problems, and no sound,
wired or wireless network, and only basic touchpad mouse operation.

After boot, doing:
service NetworkManager stop
service haldaemon stop
service haldaemon start
service NetworkManager start
gets at least the wired network going, but the wireless is staying
~disabled.

I've been checking bugzilla and the hal issue bug 444859 444410 443602
443216 seems to be noted, however, I'm not sure if my machine has gotten
out of kilter, and needs the shot gun.

Machine started life at F7>F8>F9beta, updates, especially a lot of koji
NetworkManager ones, which have been steadily improving.

For a giggle I did an rpm -Va and nothing major stood out about,
although I had about 60 items {mainly config} with issues.

I don't want to be the only one having all the fun ;-)

Any similar issues / solutions to the above ?

DaveT.