What runs "Setting up disk encryption?"

Gordon Messmer yinyang at eburg.com
Mon May 5 22:38:52 UTC 2008

Clyde E. Kunkel wrote:
> How do I get all LVs to activate before activation of disk encryption?

Look at /etc/rc.d/rc.sysinit.  You'll notice that init_crypto is called
several times to bring up devices as they become available.  You
probably have an LV on a device that's brought up in the section that
runs the multipath and dmraid tools.

You might be able to modify the init_crypto function to bail out if
"$src" doesn't exist, which would avoid showing you the error.  I wonder
if that would be accepted as a bug report, and fixed in init-scripts...