F8 -> F9 preupgrade

"Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" johannbg at hi.is
Wed May 14 14:09:33 UTC 2008

Chris Lumens wrote:
>> kernel /upgrade/vmlinuz preupgrade lang=hu_HU.UTF-8 keymap=hu
>> stage2=hd:sda1:/upgrade/stage.img \
>>    method=http://ftp.crc.dk/fedora/linux/releases=9/Fedora/x86_64/os
>>

> You shouldn't even need a method= parameter here.  anaconda is smart
> enough to know you're using preupgrade and will look in the right place.
> So try removing it from your boot config and see what happens.
>
> - Chris

Hum I think this line is there for a dependency check, as in package can
be fetch from a
mirror if it runs into trouble if not then it's a bug that the "method"
entry is added if not needed..

I experienced one time while testing preupgrade that it needed and tried
to fetch the package
online ( there also seemed to be missing some sanity check on network
connection before it tried to fetch the
package in anaconda. it hanged for to long time before ui window which
allowed me to set the network connection popped up).

Been awhile since I tested preupgrade so it might be fixed..

JB..