Swap problem with F9 PPC

Guillaume guitouu at free.fr
Tue May 20 06:08:38 UTC 2008

The result of fdisk and parted :

[root at ibook ~]# fdisk -l

       There is a valid Mac label on this disk.
       Unfortunately fdisk(1) cannot handle these disks.
       Use either pdisk or parted to modify the partition table.
       Nevertheless some advice:
       1. fdisk will destroy its contents on write.
       2. Be sure that this disk is NOT a still vital
          part of a volume group. (Otherwise you may
             erase the other disks as well, if unmirrored.)

Disque /dev/hda: 60.0 Go, 60011642880 octets
255 heads, 63 sectors/track, 7296 cylinders
Units = cylindres of 16065 * 512 = 8225280 bytes

Périphérique Amorce    Début         Fin      Blocs    Id  Système

[root at ibook ~]# pdisk
-bash: pdisk: command not found

[root at ibook ~]# parted -l
Model: TOSHIBA MK6025GAS (ide)
Disque /dev/hda : 60,0GB
Taille des secteurs (logiques/physiques): 512B/512B
Table de partition : mac

Numéro  Début   Fin     Taille  Système de fichiers  Nom       Fanions
1      512B    32,8kB  32,3kB                       Apple
<=== don t know what it is, may be apple needed
2      32,8kB  1081kB  1049kB  hfs                  untitled  démarrage
<=== The apple boot loader
3      1081kB  15,7GB  15,7GB  ext3                 untitled
<=== my /
4      15,7GB  16,8GB  1074MB  linux-swap           swap      swap
<=== my swap
5      16,8GB  60,0GB  43,2GB  ext3                 untitled
<=== my /home

I seems that I have no extended partition ...
It can be apple specific...

And swapon -s .... is empty :(((((
[root at ibook ~]# swapon -s
Filename        Type        Size    Used    Priority

I install 3 times F9, I always use the manual partitionning, and I get I
times this swap problem...