F10 compositing incredibly slow

Will Woods wwoods at redhat.com
Wed Nov 5 00:30:34 UTC 2008

On Tue, 2008-11-04 at 17:44 -0500, Chris Bredesen wrote:

> Compositing has been horrible from day one.  I've tried the minimal
> Compiz that comes with Gnome, I've tried full-on Compiz Fusion and I've
> tried KDE's compositing.  The performance is equally bad in all three.
> I've run Compiz on FC6 and F8 using this laptop (Intel GMA950) and the
> GPU is more than adequate to make the effects useful.

I'll bet you're on an x86_64 system. There's a whole mess of bugs filed
about this already. Checking F10Target[1], I find a bug named
"i810slow64bit". So you'll want to have a look at those:
https://bugzilla.redhat.com/showdependencytree.cgi?id=469690&hide_resolved=1

-w

[1]
https://bugzilla.redhat.com/showdependencytree.cgi?id=F10Target&hide_resolved=1