Fedora 10 -- Can Tomcat5 and Tomcat6 Be Installed On Same Machine?

Robert L Cochran cochranb at speakeasy.net
Sun Nov 9 16:56:47 UTC 2008

I noticed this morning that there are Fedora packages for Tomcat 6
available. I need to use Java Server Faces and I think that requires
Tomcat 6. (I've taken a Java Server Faces class but I'm not expert in
either Java or JSF.) I already have Tomcat5 installed. Can I go ahead
and install Tomcat6 without causing conflicts with Tomcat 5, or should I
remove Tomcat5 and then install Tomcat6?

Thanks

Bob Cochran