fsck problem on updating to F10

Patrick O'Callaghan pocallaghan at gmail.com
Mon Nov 10 20:41:35 UTC 2008

On Tue, Nov 11, 2008 at 3:48 PM, Bill Nottingham <notting at redhat.com> wrote:
> Patrick O'Callaghan (pocallaghan at gmail.com) said:
>> >
>> > Can you just transcribe the error and post it?
>>
>> If it persists after the update I'll do that, however IIRC it didn't
>> seem to contain anything useful, such as a filesystem or device name.
>> To paraphrase, it was along the lines of "There was an fsck error and
>> here's a shell so you can fix it. Type Ctrl-D to reboot when you're
>> done".
>
> There should at least be *some* error above that, whether from fsck, mount,
> or otherwise.

If there is it flies past too fast to be seen and isn't logged
anywhere. After 335 package updates, the error persists. This is the
exact text as it appears on the screen:

*** An error occurred during the file system check.
*** Dropping you to a shell; the system will reboot
*** when you leave the shell.
Give root password for maintenance
(or type Control-D to continue):

That's it. No other information.