Preview not installable on Atom D945GCLF?

Joey Krane linuxbsd2004 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 11 05:03:16 UTC 2008

On Tue, Nov 11, 2008 at 12:44 AM, Kasper Pedersen
<fedoratestlist at kasperkp.dk> wrote:
> I received two new D945GCLF (64 bit capable Atom+945 chipset) boards, so the
> very first thing I attempted was F10-Preview-x86_64 using PXE.
>
> The test versions can install from DVD and PXE. It hangs randomly, but it
> installs.
> The Preview 32 bit version hangs. The x86_64 version panics or hangs.
> The checksum on the image is good, and my Core2 machine installs happily
> from this image using either Marvell or Intel NICs.
> Two boards with old and new bios versions, different known-good 1GB modules,
> different power supplies.
>
> http://n1.taur.dk/atomboot.txt  (a handful of boot captures)
>
> Question:
> Does anyone have magical incantations to suggest before I attempt to kludge
> up a bug report?
> I did try disabling the Realtek nic.

Hello Kasper,

I had the same problem with D945GCLF board and F10 x86_64 beta2.  I
don't have the hardware anymore for further testing.

I found out that passing selinux=0 as kernel parameter (hold any key
to get to grub screen and follow instructions to add parameters) got
me a successful boot.

Joey