Announcing Fedora Sugar Spin!

Chuck Anderson cra at WPI.EDU
Thu Nov 13 17:30:39 UTC 2008

On Thu, Oct 30, 2008 at 10:33:12PM +0100, Sebastian Dziallas wrote:
>    http://sdz.fedorapeople.org/olpc/sugar-spin.iso
>
> Here's the SHA1 checksum, just if you're interested:
>
>    f032ab45aa116c2728dcd2d676e29a5ee114fd1d  sugar-spin.iso
>
> And what if you wanted to put it quickly onto your USB Key? Even easier!
> You'll just need to grab Luke Macken's liveusb-creator, which already
> includes support for the Sugar Spin. Here's the link:
>
> https://fedorahosted.org/releases/l/i/liveusb-creator/liveusb-creator-3.0.zip

I'm running Linux already, can I use livecd-tools livecd-iso-to-disk
script to copy this to a USB stick?  Here's how I created the USB
image:

sudo livecd-iso-to-disk --overlay-size-mb 300 --home-size-mb 100 sugar-spin.iso /dev/sdb1

I did that and it boots to the login screen, I can start the login
session, but the session just fails and dumps me back to the login
screen.

I noticed that there was no /home/liveuser, so I when to tty2 and
created on manually:

su -
mkdir /home/liveuser
cd /etc/skel
cp -av . /home/liveuser
chown -R liveuser:liveuser /home/liveuser
restorecon -R /home/liveuser

But it still fails to login in the same way.

What am I missing?