Problem setting up wired networking

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Thu Nov 13 17:53:10 UTC 2008

On Thu, 2008-11-13 at 15:09 +0000, Anne Wilson wrote:

> It may come to that for me.  I've been fighting this for two days now, and
> have given it a lot of time, so I may be asking your advice for dropping back.
> I do have a working ifcfg-eth1 on this laptop (my wireless connection) so I
> know what needs to be in the file.

Anne, I would suggest booting a live image and attempting your config
from there.  This will give you a fresh start at both the config files,
and the gconf entries, so that your attempts aren't sullied by any
previous tweakings.  Once you've either gotten it to work on the Live
image, or still fail, you can either transfer that knowledge to your
existing install, or be in a better position to file a bug that can be
reproduced.

--
Jesse Keating
Fedora -- Freedom² is a feature!