FC10 Preview , Partitioning problems

Jim mickeyboa at sbcglobal.net
Thu Nov 13 20:40:08 UTC 2008

Installing FC 10 Preview on a Dell Inspiron 8600, replacing FC8.
Doing a fresh install, making partitions with install disk.
Here is partitions table  on a  80gig hard drive.

/dev/sda1  Dell utilities
/dev/sda2    ntfs     Win Xp 15000
/dev/sda3    /boot   ext3   305mb
/dev/sda4    Extended      60981mb
/dev/sda5    /home   ext3   39903mb
/dev/sda6    /            ext3   20002mb
/dev/sda7    swap               1074mb

When I goto write to disk, I get error messages; "Don't try to mount
/dev/sda5 an /dev/sda6 until computer is rebooted"

Then another error message for Swap:  "A error occurred trying to
initialize SWAP on /dev/sda7,  This problem is serious and install
cannot continue , Exit Installer"

And back to live Cd.

This install Cd passes test, and I have installed another  Laptop with
it,   but I never made a  /boot partition on
the other Laptop.