Problem setting up wired networking

Scott Robbins scottro at nyc.rr.com
Fri Nov 14 00:08:00 UTC 2008

On Thu, Nov 13, 2008 at 06:25:56PM +0000, Anne Wilson wrote:
> On Thursday 13 November 2008 16:28:36 Michal Jaegermann wrote:

> Thanks, Michal.  I was mistaken.  The wired connection is realtek and the
> wireless is Atheros AR242x.  I'll have to read the bug report again to see
> whether it really is the same, although the symptoms sounded very similar.

See my earlier post.  That one is fairly trivial now and your Linpus
settings wouldn't have helped you. (Different kernel, different way of
doing it.)

If you want to do it manually, I have a page that has a link to an
excellent howto at
http://home.roadrunner.com/~computertaijutsu/rhwireless.html

Look for the link to the tutorial by the gentleman named Mike.

There's a great deal on the page about your card as well, but it's
almost all unnecessary with the 2.6.27 kernel, which supports it with
the ath5k module.

Note that the page has nothing to do with NM, it's just about
configuring the card through various command line tools and files.

--
Scott Robbins
PGP keyID EB3467D6

Angel: Acathla turned to stone, as demons sometimes do, and
was buried
where neither man nor demon would want to look...unless, of course,
they're
putting up low-rent housing.