installation conflict of f10 preview: cherokee and lighttpd-fastcgi

Robert P. J. Day rpjday at crashcourse.ca
Sun Nov 16 23:04:18 UTC 2008

On Sun, 16 Nov 2008, Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:

> On Sun, 2008-11-16 at 17:06 -0500, Robert P. J. Day wrote:
> > i'll head for bugzilla shortly but, what the heck, here's an install
> > error (reproduced manually):
> >
> > "There were file conflicts when checking the packages to be installed:
> > file /usr/bin/spawn-fcgi conflicts between attempted installs of
> > cherokee-0.8.1-2.fc10.i386 and lighttpd-fastcgi-1.4.20-1.fc10.i386
> > file /use/share/man/man1/spawn.fcgi.1.gz conflicts between attempted
> > installs ... etc etc ... you get the idea.
>
> When this kind of thing happens I often find that it helpful to a)
> remove the existing package, b) install the new package, c) reinstall
> the deleted package. Don't ask me why, it just does.

  this was during a fresh install, so i don't think i have that kind
of freedom, do i?  in any event, i restarted the install and left out
cherokee and everything seems fine -- i just thought i'd point out the
issue.  so no one else noticed that?  curious.

rday

Robert P. J. Day
    Have classroom, will lecture.