F10 on Asus N10J netbook

Timothy Murphy tim at maths.tcd.ie
Tue Nov 18 13:16:19 UTC 2008

David A. De Graaf wrote:

> I've finally achieved glorious loud sound on my Asus N10JA3 netbook
> running Fedora 10 and XFCE - a struggle against enormous odds.
> 2)  Deactivate pulseaudio by removing one package:
>     rpm -e alsa-plugins-pulseaudio

As a matter of interest, does one actually have to remove pulseaudio
to stop it?
Why can it not be turned on and off with chkconfig like other daemons?

I don't actually feel as strongly about pulse as others do,
but I'd like to be able to see how things work with and without it,
without calling on "yum remove".