XO: SDHCI: Card didn't power up after 1 second

Jon Stanley jonstanley at gmail.com
Tue Nov 18 13:41:37 UTC 2008

On Tue, Nov 18, 2008 at 2:48 AM, Jan Pazdziora <jpazdziora at redhat.com> wrote:

> So what did you find is that special difference in our cards / XOs /
> / whatever that makes it fail for us while it works OK for the rest
> of the guys?

That we don't know.  There was some Marvel specific quirk that wasn't
enabled.that was causing the issue for me at least.  We found that if
you read from the card and power it down, that was enough to make it
unhappy, but if you didn't read from it, everything was fine.

Interestingly enough, the test firmware has only completely fixed the
problem with my 16GB card.  My 4GB still fails the first time, but any
subsequent time works (so all that I have to do is type 'boot' and it
boots right up). Stepping through the init with the debugger failed to
find anything, the card powered up properly the first time.