saving the desktop?

Patrick O'Callaghan pocallaghan at gmail.com
Wed Nov 19 14:12:56 UTC 2008

On Wed, 2008-11-19 at 13:30 +0000, Anne Wilson wrote:
> The theory is that you don't need an explicit 'save session' any more
> - it's the default.

?!?!

The Settings box says "Restore Manually Saved Session", which begs the
question "how do I manually save a session"?

I want to set up a session the way I like it and save that as my
standard login setup. I don't see how that can be done without an
explicit action of saving the session (or editing some file).

The alternative is to set "restore previous session", set things up, log
out, log in again, go back to Settings, and change to "restore manually
saved session", which is ridiculous.

poc