Here again with bugs on Window shared folders.

"Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" johannbg at hi.is
Thu Nov 20 12:47:22 UTC 2008

Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 20, 2008 at 12:56:51PM +0100, Antonio M wrote:
>
>> Surprise!!!! we are not far from official release and again if I want
>> to surf an shared folder on a Windows machine,
>>

> Surfing is usually done on water using surfing boards.
> I'm not sure how you can surf a folder... ;)
>

>> I see the shared
>> folders and again I get the message that I cannot mount shared
>> directory!!!!
>>

> But seriously, we are too close to a release to make non-critical
> changes now. The fix (if any) will come as an update later. Have
> you filed a bug report in bugzilla?
>
> Regards,
> R.

Just file it against correct component as in Nautilus/Gnome or samba

Any way the Samba maintainers seem to be pretty absent
in Fedora.

If you look at https://admin.fedoraproject.org/pkgdb/packages/bugs/samba

44 bugs only seven assigned..

And some of it could be closed relatively fast if the maintainer(s)
bother to look at it.

Inn 446657 a workaround is mentioned ( patch ) and luckily the samba
upstream maintainer
parsed bugzilla and that particular bug at that particular time..

Perhaps it's better that Bug Hunters move the exiting reported bugs
and report from now on directly upstream?
( https://bugzilla.samba.org/ )

Seems to be more likely that we response to our reports there rather
than in our own bugzilla...

JBG