Still having Movie Errors when Compiz is enabled

Mads Kiilerich mads at kiilerich.com
Fri Nov 21 14:04:52 UTC 2008

Roger Grosswiler wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have also with the latest kernel the issue, that if compiz is enabled, looking movies
> with mplayer (also with totem) i get back to the login-screen. The video-card is a ati.
>
> How can we get this fixed?

I think the easiest way to get this fixed is to create 5 airlied
clones... He seems to be the primary/only ati/radeon xorg/kernel
developer, and on
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/pkgdb/packages/bugs/xorg-x11-drv-ati you
can see some of the reports fighting for his attention. You _could_ try
to file yet another high-quality bug report, but obviously it probably
won't help.

A workaround is to disable compiz or modesetting or both. Having either
enabled currently isn't an option on my systems. YMMV.

/Mads