can't install base system using CD 1

Mads Kiilerich mads at kiilerich.com
Sun Nov 23 12:40:44 UTC 2008

Mikel Ward wrote, On 11/23/2008 10:14 AM:
> My real concern is that it should be possible to install from a single
> CD if that's all I have.  If that means a reduced set of packages, or
> going out to a Yum repository, then that's fine by me.

Obviously it isn't possible to install from _any_ cd. It must be the
_right_ cd. I think the install image from
ftp://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/development/i386/os/images/
can do what you request, using the http installation method for
downloading directly from a yum repo. You can probably also choose that
method from your existing boot cd somehow.

But I haven't tried recently and can't find it mentioned anywhere. So
perhaps there is a documentation problem...

/Mads