F9 ISO DVD Installation - updating to newkey auto ?

David Timms dtimms at iinet.net.au
Mon Nov 24 21:21:56 UTC 2008

Jim wrote:
> Leslie Satenstein wrote:
>> I had to reinstall F9 and when I tried to run  yum -y update, the
>> message returned was about missing repositories for F9.
>>
>> Should there not be at least a single file that updates the yum
>> repository information to point to the new locations?
>>
> Goto websites below and get rpms and install this will put your
> /etc/yum.repos.d back in order ;
This is a workaround {that will work}.

If you haven't done it yet, could you attach the result of:
rpm -Vva fedora-release|grep etc
thanks.

If this is correct, ie from a fresh F9 DVD install, the newkey repo
change doesn't happen almost automatically, then we probably need Fedora
infrastructure to resolve an issue.

DaveT.