F10 Beta Problems

Chris Adams cmadams at hiwaay.net
Tue Nov 25 02:38:02 UTC 2008

Once upon a time, Bill Davidsen <davidsen at tmr.com> said:
> I think anaconda should use some "reasonable value" checking, and choose
> the default which is 4:3, 16:9, or 5:4 aspect ratio, no more than 1024
> high. This gives priority to the human, who can then change the selection
> if s/he can only read the screen!

The common widescreen computer panel ratio is 16:10, not 16:9 (used for
US HD TV, but not many install connected to a TV).

It would be nice if maybe the first screen in anaconda had a few buttons
for different resolutions.  I know keeping the installer simple is a
primary goal, but I have run into the "too small to read" font before as
well as the other extreme of "fonts half an inch tall".

--
Chris Adams <cmadams at hiwaay.net>