Need a xorg.conf

Antonio Olivares olivares14031 at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 25 22:45:51 UTC 2008

--- On Tue, 11/25/08, Leslie Satenstein <lsatenstein at yahoo.com> wrote:

> From: Leslie Satenstein <lsatenstein at yahoo.com>
> Subject: Need a xorg.conf
> To: "For testers of Fedora Core development releases" <fedora-test-list at redhat.com>
> Date: Tuesday, November 25, 2008, 2:15 PM
> With my new Computer, the video card is an new ATI product
> that supports HD (3870).
>
> With no XORG.CONF in F10, I cannot set a resolution in the
> 1100 by 8xx that allows me to see the screen full width. I
> need to have a horiz rate of 70.  The only option provided
> is 75.
>
> However, UBUNTU, my backup, on the same computer has an
> XORG file that works.
>
> My question is, Can I create a /etc/X11/xorg.conf    in
> F10, that will be referenced?  Can I use the one that was
> created for UBUNTU?
>
> --

Login to level 3, when booting press a to append and enter a 3, then

as root
$ su -
passwd:
# Xorg -configure
will create a file xorg.conf.new
test it with commands shown. then press CTRL+ALT+BACKSPACE if you like it or it works,
# cp xorg.conf.new /etc/X11/xorg.conf

and then type startx and/or restart.

HTH,

Antonio