XO: livecd-iso-to-disk.sh on rhel5 seems problematic

I was trying to use Jeremy's livecd-iso-to-disk.sh script w/ the
olpc-gnome.iso to get my XO up and running and it got very weird boot
failures:

Stuff like "<buffer 800000>:2: Can't find word to replace"
and "Can't open boot device"

Running the script on an F8 box got it going properly.

I'm not sure what the problem is at this point but just in case anyone
else has had the same trouble...

-Eric